Friday, January 30, 2015

2015 New Years Resolutions (The short version)

Hey Everybody,

So I realize that life just isn't going to cut me any breaks for the foreseeable future, so here's my New Years Resolution List, quick and dirty.

1.) Establish 8:30 as my new work arrival time and make it stick! - Do what has to be done to get to work early.  Not on time, but EARLY.

2.) Start walking the dog before work again - Getting the dog on a routine is the key to getting him to crap outside.

3.) Buy my wife flowers atleast 12 x, just because - or other random acts of kindness and affection

4.) Ditch soda entirely - switch to seltzer or water, when making my own choices.

5.) Take all my meds, every day - because I forget ... a lot...and that's pretty bad for me.

6.) Fit into XL shirts again, or at the very least lose 20 lbs  - First step in a long path to getting myself healthy again

7.)  Be able to run a mile without stopping - this means starting to run again, and starting to run long distances... building up to a mile jogging before walking... I can do this.

8.) Launch Lonely Atom Records!  - I'm starting my own label/imprint for The Pandemics music

9.) Create a new Chore Schedule and stick to it! - To avoid the need to spend entire weekends cleaning...

10.) Cut down on food waste by 50% - No more buying things and then throwing them away when they go unused.  Time to get cooking!  No more wasting perishable items!!!

11.) Re Organize and utilize all the Ikea Shelves in my house - we have 32 slots... all will be used appropriately...

12.) Come up with and do atleast 10 new activities with Leigha - Eliminate the "what do you want to do" arguments in my life...

13.) Write 20 new songs & Finish atleast 5 unfinished songs - self explanitory

14.) Never let "the dishes" sit over night again - No more using every dish/utensil we own EVER AGAIN!

15.) Exercise atleast 3x weekly! - for 30 - 60 minutes totalling atleast 120 minutes per week!

16.) Donate to charity - atleast $20 a month!

17.) Get my 401K / Retirement packaged sorted out - I still have a 401K from my old job... that needs to be invested in my current retirement account...

18.) Ditch sugar and eventually cream in my coffee.  That's right.  I'm going black...


So thats what I think I want to do this year... there will be more... i will probably fail at some of these, but I'm going to get it done damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment