Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nesting Tendencies... For men

Entry #6... this is becoming less of a daily occurrence than I'd like it to be... Maybe that was inevitable, but I'm going to try and step things up to be more up to date.

So, lately I've been consumed with this desire to start something new... But not new entirely... This blog is part of it, but not the end all be all of it.  I used to think it was just a creative itch, but there's more to It than that.

For example, it's no secret (or is it?) that in a band there are lots of compromises to be made. Sometimes this leads to not getting your way when it comes to song choice, your songs being developed, in part, you trade control to get things done.  That doesn't mean I'm not grateful for the help and input of my band mates, to the contrary, I appreciate their input all the more, because I couldn't get as far as I have without them. But... I still occasionally I find myself wanting more. 

And maybe that isn't wise. Maybe I should focus on what I have going already...making a project that's less and less mine as time goes on as good as it can be... And to that end, I'm not going to be doing any less with The Pandemics. I just know I want to make something that goes deeper... Whether that's writing a book or a comic book... Fleshing out this blog... or starting a record label, something The Pandemics need going forward since a former member is now out of the picture... I wish I could keep working with him on player 2... It's a solid name.. But that's his thing... And I wouldn't want to insert myself into someone else's project... 

Then there are other times where I want to become a part of something bigger than myself like the Eric garner protests...

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that i don't know what I want. And maybe this is just me going into my "30s nesting mode". Maybe I'm mentally getting to the mode I need to be in to become a parent... Which is also a BIG item on the to do list... That could be a blog entry on it's own... So we shall see...

Till next time internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment